Paul Bates is an Additive Manufacturing Lead Project Engineer for the ASTM International Additive Manufacturing Center of Excellence. In his role, he brings his technical expertise to drive the projects in Additive Manufacturing training, safety, and certification. He is an industry-recognized AM veteran. Before joining ASTM, Bates was the Manager for Facility safety and Workforce Development in Additive Manufacturing at UL and served 20+ years at Reebok, where he guided the global athletic footwear leader’s Additive Manufacturing Lab and 3D CAD Team as the Director of Advanced Process Engineering. A 2012 recipient of the Additive Manufacturing User Group (AMUG) DINO Award, He is the Past President of the Additive Manufacturing Users Group (AMUG). He has a BS degree in Design Technology from Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green OH, and a Master’s Degree in Technology Management from the University of Phoenix.
- 3DPX Keynote Panel: Overcoming Quality and Safety Challenges When Choosing to Print with Metal
- Wednesday, August 11 • 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM
- Quality Assurance in Additive Manufacturing
- Wednesday, August 11 • 3:15 PM - 4:00 PM
- Panel: Ask the Experts--Metal Additive Manufacturing
- Wednesday, August 11 • 4:15 PM - 5:00 PM